Earth 2160

Almost everything goes in here

Earth 2160

Postby ThePumaman on Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm

Overload has brought to my attention that Earth 2160 is on Steam for the incredible price of $4.99! It wasn't a spectacular hit at our lans, but for that price I think it may just find a second coming!
earth-2160-1.jpg
Rugged terrain!
earth-2160-1.jpg (53.36 KB) Viewed 1346 times

From Wikipedia:
Earth 2160 follows the progress of the factions, the United Civilized States, the Eurasian Dynasty and the Lunar Corporation, who, after escaping the doomed Earth, headed for Mars.
The game is perhaps the first to use a workable self-learning AI system, this system uses linear back framing algorithms to learn from its mistakes and become more and more competent in battle as the game progresses. Movement routines and smooth, high FPS flying trajectories serve to enhance further the playing experience.

A new "agent" system has been devised, similar to a mercenary system, factions may choose to hire freelance persons each with their own specific abilities. Some assist your scientific research, others in reconnaissance, resource harvesting and so forth. Each recalls his previous contracts, this affects price. Further, they have an attitude towards their fellow agents, ranging from love to resentment.

Research plays a major part in Earth 2160, and factions can choose numerous technologies to research, often at the same time. Research centres are still prevalent, and the number you construct will have an effect on the speed of your research.

A much expanded on innovation for Earth 2160 is the modular construction. One may construct buildings and units from a wide assortment of basic parts, thus in theory every base and army shall look unique.

The game economy is based upon three material types: Water, Metal, and Crystals.

earth-2160-2.jpg
Laser walls!

Doesn't that sound like fun?
earth-2160-3.jpg
Zap! Pew pew! Whoosh!

All this can be yours, if the Price is Right! (it is)
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Re: Earth 2160

Postby Overload on Wed May 21, 2008 6:12 pm

Yeah I bought it. It wasn't a great RTS but it did a lot of things differently and honestly I already feel like I got my $5 worth.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion