Titan Quest

Almost everything goes in here

Re: Titan Quest

Postby Overload on Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:57 pm

I already regret spending $20 on it.

Not that it's bad, but it was an impulse buy and while I expect to play it a bit I don't think I'll play it $20 worth.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nothingpants on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:30 pm

Assuage your guilt in the knowledge that you're a Fine Young American -- in these trying economic times, it is the stalwarts such as yourself who shall buoy our stagflating globalsuperpowerhood until it can regain its footing.

Or just think of this -- despite all my complaints about the loot system, and your expressed regret, I'm still thinking of buying it myself. Misery loves company!
nothingpants
Better Than Average

Postby PuppyStomper on Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:17 am

Is that loot mod still the same? Cuz it sounds like it sucks.
PuppyStomper
Weaksauce

Postby Overload on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:57 pm

I actually liked the sound of it.

Anyway, the loot was never interesting in TQ. It's just fun to play. :P
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:28 pm

Well we've got Greg, Dan, Sean, Steph, possibly nothingpants, and me. That works out well, since I think the group size is capped at six. We'll be playing plenty other games, but we need to make sure we take a break for TF2 around 4 or 5 to accommodate all the Japan-based lanners out there.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby nothingpants on Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:27 pm

So I broke down and bought the game. I figure I'd had enough fun with it that I'd be a right bastard if I didn't throw down $20 for a package that included the expansion.

I didn't mind the drop rate change until I hit the 3rd difficulty level (Legendary I think). Act 3 got really tough and not being able to farm better gear basically meant either grinding out thousands of kills, or just starting a new character. It wasn't that good gear was hard to come by, it was that good gear was virtually impossible tto get, especially considering you had no guarantees that drops would benefit your class/build.

But I think I was playing on patch 1.2, and it looks like in 1.3 they slightly upgraded the drops across the board. We'll see. Maybe I'll dust off an old character and kill some stuff in Legendary to see what happens.

I know Kiowa and a couple of my other friends who nobody here knows also ponied up a Jackson. We'll be playing online a bunch, at least in the short term -- hit me up on steam if you're interested (steam name = nothingpants).
nothingpants
Better Than Average

Previous

Return to General Discussion