Titan Quest

Almost everything goes in here

Titan Quest

Postby Overload on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:47 pm

I think I might play this game again. It was kinda fun.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Titan Quest

Postby nothingpants on Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:33 pm

I used to rock ye olde "TittyQuest" (as twas dubbed by my posse). But I got mad when they changed the loot drop system. Also I kept trying to make melee characters. On the plus side making the game a lot harder was a good thing, the first play through wasn't as much of a snooze fest.

My point is that when I posted in the LAN thread yesterday, when I came back to check for replies and found everything kaput I thought I'd done something horrible and either completely broken the forums or gotten myself kickband~!
nothingpants
Better Than Average

Postby Overload on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm

Fine I'll bite. Who ARE you?
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:02 pm

I was totally thinking about Titan Quest after watching Spartacus recently. Did you just watch Spartacus too? Anyway, I was also thinking about how pretty it will look on my system once it's up and running. I liked the game a lot - a very polished hack-and-slash. Also it has dynamic deaths. Dan and I had fun in our two-man team, THE ADVENTURES OF MEATBALL AND JERRY. I've never played with more than one other person, but I'll bet it would be fun. Also, there's an expansion pack if you want to be a DREAM WEAVER.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Pebby on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:32 pm

I would play again.

nothingpants is some jerk who plays TF2 with me and knows one of my coworkers and lives very close to us, so I invited him to my last LAN. He should come to our next one =D

Also, he cheats at soldier.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down an open manhole and die. -- Mel Brooks
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:33 pm

Also it's only $20 for the game and expansion (I believe) on Steam.

HOLY CRAP NEAT FEATURE. I clicked Submit, but it detected that there was another reply since I opened this page so it showed it to me before posting.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby nothingpants on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:34 pm

Overload wrote:Fine I'll bite. Who ARE you?

I am Pants. Pebby told me to come here. It's all his fault. Somehow, deep inside, I think you already knew this.

Just to clarify, I wasn't kidding about the loot system -- they made it so that level bosses only dropped their top-shelf items the first time you kill them and then reverted to a loot table as good as any other random critter that just dropped more items, and random elite enemies (dudes with fancy names who randomly appeared) would no longer drop better stuff either. Made it hard as heck to gear up, and it made it feel a lot less rewarding when getting a hard kill, which kinda ruined the long-term replayability for me.

Unless of course you liked that system in which case who cares what I think. I also use a push-mower by choice.

NEAT FEATURE INDEED: Well it seems like everything I've said has been pre-empted by two posts that the board has shown me now that I, too, have pressed submit. I'm just going to close my eyes and pretend it's not there and everything will be like it was before.
nothingpants
Better Than Average

Postby Dyluck on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:46 am

nothingpants wrote:I also use a push-mower by choice.

This guy already rocks in my book.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:40 pm

I bought the Titan Quest + Expansion bundle on Steam this morning for $20.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:08 pm

I already own Titan Quest, though I'm not sure I really want to put down money on the expansion pack.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Pebby on Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:54 pm

I assume they play nice together? In any case, I'll reinstall and would love to start a game together..
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:12 pm

Sean you said you were up for all the games Greg listed for the lan, and he mentioned Titan Quest. Does that mean you're going to buy it too?
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:30 pm

We can just play it via LAN and he wouldn't need to buy it. That's what I did before.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:55 am

Okay well there are 8 classes, and you get to make a hybrid of two if you want. I call whatever class I feel like that day, and no one is allowed to copy me.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby ThePumaman on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:26 am

If it's enough fun then I might buy it over Steam. Otherwise, I will delete it from my hard drive and never speak to any of you again.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Next

Return to General Discussion