New Forum Look

Almost everything goes in here

New Forum Look

Postby ThePumaman on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Explained by our master overlord Overload here, our wonderful forums have a new look! It took me about 5 minutes to find the post button (I'm a little slow), but now that I've posted lets use this wonderful opportunity to discuss!

I'm scared and confused.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Re: New Forum Look

Postby Overload on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:17 pm

I'm interested in what people think of this new style. I am a fan of change so I like it a lot, but it's certainly takes a small amount of getting used to.

I could switch it back to the old (subsilver) skin but I always hated that skin.

WHAT SAY YOU?!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kiku on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:21 pm

I like the new skin. It's great!

I mean, there could be some color changes but whatever - loads better than the old one!

Also I think we should get a nice new awesome banner. The one I made was spur of the moment as, as you told me earlier, doesn't really match the site. I really want to make a new one, but I don't have the time to think of anything to do. We should brainstorm. Gogogo!
aka Luna on TCCO :>
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Postby Dyluck on Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:17 pm

Sean, I wanted to respond, but couldn't find the post button. I feel your pain.

I shall make a banner worthy of hoisting at a council on Mount Olympus. I warn you, even seeing it won't be easy, for it will be a creation of such concentrated beauty - saturated with perfection - viewing it will be like staring into the sun. Blink through your tears and gaze upon its glory.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:37 pm

What is with you guys the post button is in the exact same place it was in the old skin!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:50 pm

I mean seriously!

OLD
subsilverreply.png

NEW
prosilverreply.png

Also holy crap attaching images is awesome. You attach them and then you can put them inline anywhere in your post.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pebby on Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:45 pm

My only gripe, and it's a big one, is that there is no ICON difference between 'no new posts' and 'new posts' - it's really, really hard to tell the difference between the THIN blue-lined circle and the THIN red-lined circle. Could you make the 'new posts' icon distinctive and different, especially for us color-blindies?

Kthx

Also, the post button is hard to find because it used to have a picture. Now it's just some artsy 2007 bold-thin 'oh man I just got my degree in visual design' button without a nice, big icon.

I like icons. Pictures are good.
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Pebby wrote:My only gripe, and it's a big one, is that there is no ICON difference between 'no new posts' and 'new posts' - it's really, really hard to tell the difference between the THIN blue-lined circle and the THIN red-lined circle. Could you make the 'new posts' icon distinctive and different, especially for us color-blindies?

Kthx

Okay, make me one! Or tell me what you want it to be. I find the difference to be obvious (it's all red), but I can see how it's not enough of a difference for you crazy color blinded people.

Here are the current "no new posts" icons:

And here are the "new posts" icons:

Something like small [NEW] text along the bottom of the circle could work, or something else. I'm no designer!

Also I think I will change the red stars in the "no new posts" icons to be blue like the rest of it. That red keeps making me think there are new posts.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Michi on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:28 am

I really dislike that "View your posts" is in a place where I would think "View new posts" should be, and at first glance it seems to say that... but I want to see the NEW posts and not just the ones I posted. I know the actual link is right below, but it doesn't stand out at all like it used to because I'm distracted by the "View your posts" link. It's a bit frustrating.
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Overload on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:38 pm

Dyluck wrote:I shall make a banner worthy of hoisting at a council on Mount Olympus. I warn you, even seeing it won't be easy, for it will be a creation of such concentrated beauty - saturated with perfection - viewing it will be like staring into the sun. Blink through your tears and gaze upon its glory.

I'll admit it: I am starting to doubt you, Dan.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion