Astro Empires: The Best Web MMO You Aren't Playing

Almost everything goes in here

Astro Empires: The Best Web MMO You Aren't Playing

Postby ThePumaman on Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:17 pm

Hey everyone! This month I've been addicted to the web game Astro Empires. It's a pretty fun space colonization sim that takes a minimum amount of time and effort to play but can occupy several hours a day if you really get into it.

The premise is this: You get a planet on which to start off your galactic empire. Your goal is to build metal refineries, research labs, power plants, shipyards, starports, and habitation complexes to work up a profitable economy. Then research various techs from energy drives to weapons systems and create defense turrets, fighters and destroyers, and colony ships. Once your empire is big enough you expand outwards, inhabiting lifeless worlds and destroying enemies with gigantic fleets.

Sound cool? It is.

I've joined up with the Something Awful Goons because in a large game like that, you need protection. You can join up with them even if you don't have a forums account, but it helps if you do (I think those who would play have an account anyways). I play in the Beta universe (as opposed to Alpha), and I recommend starting in the B-23 galaxy (where I am).

Here's a good primer on what to do when you first get started.

If you do decide to give it a spin (it's free, takes about 5 minutes to set up) then welcome!

I should also mention the the SA Goons are at war with like half the universe but that's okay since you a 7 day protection to build your defenses. Have fun!
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:12 pm

WHY BOYFRIEND WHY
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby ThePumaman on Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:43 am

What's that, you want me to talk about Astro Empires even more? Well I'd love to but frankly I'd rather direct you to the SA forum thread about it!

You can also post your in-game username in that thread to ask to join up with the GBS guild and benefit from their protection!
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:44 pm

I read the manual, and it looks like a pretty steep learning curve. I'll pass... for now.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion