GameWith.Apartment167!

Almost everything goes in here

Would you register with a group on GameWith.us?

I'm down for that! Anything that makes it easier to play together.
100%
Nah, I think I see enough of you bastards as it is.
No votes
I don't own a 360, Wii, or DS. Either I accidentally came here or I'm a spambot.
No votes

Total votes : 2

GameWith.Apartment167!

Postby PercyKittenz on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:42 am

Hey, there's a site that was started up by some people at Shacknews and has been expanded into a more universally useful site. I think people here should sign up for it. It's a gaming community meet-up site that's designed around allowing members of a group to share what games they own, their 360 Live names and Wii/DS codes. So, for example, if we're all in a group together, everyone can see what multiplayer DS games I have and the friend code for that game, then checkmark something that will inform me to add you. You can also see what 360 games everyone owns so if you want to plan a Gears of War night, you know who to talk to. It also allows you to add pictures and location data.

If people would be interested, I'll start up a group. What should the group name be? Apartment167? Cyberthrong? What's the name the group goes by these days?

Also, I guess I should point you to the site to register. Go to http://gamewith.us
PercyKittenz
Better Than Average

Postby PercyKittenz on Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:59 am

Oh, I forgot that besides consoles, the site also tracks your information for PC-centric stuff like IM screennames, popular community sites like Digg, PC games like Guild Wars, Steam and Battlefield (no WoW yet), browser games like Urban Dead and kdice, and personal information like favorite and most anticipated upcoming games, and what you're currently playing. So, I think this is something that everyone can use.
PercyKittenz
Better Than Average

Postby Michi on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Sounds good to me!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby ThePumaman on Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:08 pm

I vote for Apartment 167, and I approve this social networking site.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:00 pm

I like this idea.

You should all click the giant link below and join the group!

http://apartment167.gamewith.us/
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PercyKittenz on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:04 pm

I've sent a request to join.

Also, I talked to the guy that runs the site and he plans to add WoW functionality. I send him a message with some of my thoughts, which include making your character name link to your character on Blizzard's awesome armory site, which, if you haven't checked it out, you're totally missing something.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com
PercyKittenz
Better Than Average

Postby Overload on Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:55 pm

PercyKittenz wrote:I've sent a request to join.

Also, I talked to the guy that runs the site and he plans to add WoW functionality. I send him a message with some of my thoughts, which include making your character name link to your character on Blizzard's awesome armory site, which, if you haven't checked it out, you're totally missing something.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com

If he just makes it link to the armory site I will be highly disappointed. In case you haven't heard, the armory is completely served up as XML which means that it's super easy to grab the information from the armory and display it on your own site. Awesome tools have already been written.

Also, Samantha and Brandon have joined the group. Yay!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ThePumaman on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:18 pm

I've sent two requests to join the group. What the dilly, yo?
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:48 pm

ThePumaman wrote:I've sent two requests to join the group. What the dilly, yo?

The dilly is that it doesn't send an email notification when someone tries to join. I just have to check it.

As far as my opinion of the whole site, I get an overwhelming feeling of "it's unfinished and needs more" - Right now it seems to be nothing more than a way to say "This is what my AIM/Steam/ICQ/Xfire/Digg/Delicious/Whatever account name is"

The guy needs to put some more effort in to actually making it pull and display more relevant data. Instead of simply having a link to everyone's Xfire profiles, why not pull the xfire stats from the website and display a comparison list of everyone in the group? Why not actually pull the achievements from xbox.com and show the latest achievements received in the group?

Right now I just don't understand what this is supposed to be able to do, besides share Wii friends codes.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Michi on Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:36 pm

The group thing doesn't seem to help much either, considering I still need to go to your profiles to see your info. It needs a nice interface showing how many in the group play what, etc.

Also, you should all add me to Xfire.
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Return to General Discussion