B to the arack, O to the bama

Almost everything goes in here

Would you vote for Barack Obama?

Hells yeah!
100%
A black man for President? Surely you're joking.
No votes
Voting's for communists!
No votes

Total votes : 5

B to the arack, O to the bama

Postby ThePumaman on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:23 pm

Yes, some of you may have gotten emails in my name urging you to sign up for Barack Obama's website, my.barackobama.com. Why am I so insistent that you support this politician? Well this one's different! And not different in the Democrats vs. Republicans way, I mean different in the "Hey, lets give thought a chance" sort of way.

Did you know:
    He voted against the Iraq war from the start?
    He believes in stopping the genocide in Darfur despite there not being any oil there?
    Passed legislation to help rebuild the country of Congo after its violent conflicts and strengthens UN influence in the region?
    Vowed to clean up Washington's culture of corruption, starting by not taking campaign contributions from lobbyists?
    Introduced legislation that requires lobbyists to disclose the the money they can donate and where the money is raised from?
    Passed laws that reveals the source and destinations of approximately $1 trillion in government funds, with a Google-like search engine usable by the common public?
    Has introduced numerous bills to move the country towards energy independence?
    Has worked with Republican Senator Jim Bunning to devote money into researching clean-burning coal fueled cars from Illinois' coal mines?
    Pushed for proposals that offers incentives for teachers that serve in hard-to-teach schools?
    Introduced bills that expand the Pell Grant, enabling more college-bound students to receive more financial aid and enable more underprivileged students to go to college.
    Introduced the Transparency and Integrity into Earmarks Acts to reveal legislators who have earmarked funds for their pet projects and how much is spent on lobbyists?
    Is a member of the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee, dedicated to improving actual security instead of scare tactics?

Sorry if I come off as a pundit or shill, but Barack has a powerful and refreshing attitude towards politics. He's been likened to Bill Clinton in his progressive politics, something even Hilary has yet to accomplish.

Visit his website. Read what the man has to say. Become inspired by his words, and maybe even pledge $10 to his cause. Be apart of his political revolution not just for him, but for you and the next 4 (maybe 8) years of your life (Starting 2009).
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:30 pm

I like how your "maybe 8" turned into a cool dude with sunglasses smiley.

I mean, I joined the Barack Obama site and he really interests me. I was behind Clinton's causes, and he does sorta remind me of him. Except for the black part.
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Overload on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:25 pm

But he's black! And his middle name is Hussein! And his last name sounds like Osama!

Also, I heard from a totally reliable source that he was one of the suicide pilots in 9/11!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nilliac on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:47 pm

Vive la revolution!
Nilliac
Super Duper Poster

Postby Michi on Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:58 pm

SEAN THIS SITE YOU MADE ME SIGN UP FOR JUST SENT ME E-MAIL ASKING TO DONATE WHAT THE HELL IS THIS

;_; Obama, don't spam me if you want me to vote for you.
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby PercyKittenz on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:38 pm

I already plan to vote for him in the primaries and general election should he win that. I think that of the candidates that are running, he is the best hope for our country. That isn't to say there aren't a bunch of other guys that I think are great and would love to see (Barney Frank and Jim Webb are two people who I agree with consistently and it's a shame that Barney Frank has to be both gay and a politician in this country because that makes him intelligible outside of his home state of Massachusetts and possibly Vermont.)

There are a lot of reasons I feel inclined to give Obama my support. He has stood against the Iraq war from the beginning, which means that he cares more about doing what is right than what is popular at the time. He's been truthful with everything he's said. I feel that as a minority, he'll be more receptive to giving other minorities the rights that they've been denied and will be more willing to find international support. He may even give America an honest and humble face that it's been lacking for the last decade. I think he understand foreign policy in the same way that Clinton understood economics and was able to usher in a period of economic growth and near elimination of the deficit. Unlike Hillary Clinton, he has spent his time as a senator fighting for things that matter instead of preaching against videogames. He's done more good in his two years in the Senate than most senators ever do.

A lot of people are critical about him for some stupid reasons and for some uninformed reasons. People have said that he is inexperienced as he is still in his first term as a senator and thus they come to the conclusion that he has only been in politics for two years. Prior to his current position, he was a member of the Illinois state legislature since 1996, which gives him over 10 years of political experience, more than the 6 years that Bush served as governor of Texas, a position that, in Texas, exists to rubber-stamp laws and cut ribbons at grocery stores.

Obama is a candidate that I feel very hopeful about, more than anyone who ran in 2004 or 2000. The more people know about him, the better.
PercyKittenz
Better Than Average

Postby Pebby on Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:49 pm

PercyKittenz wrote: a position that, in Texas, exists to rubber-stamp laws and cut ribbons at grocery stores.

Dude, it's Texas. There isn't much else going on.
Pebby
Godlike!

Return to General Discussion