Back at the table

Forum for our weekly D&D games

Back at the table

Postby GoldenHudge on Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Super satisfying session last night people. I really loved Melec speaking out for some soldier of fortune/lethal protector type moves against known threats in the area. I think sometimes I get too caught up in the big picture to take time to do a good turn daily and take out the smaller baddies along the way. The world is safer and more ettin-free place. The fight itself was pretty dominant and Cailin KOing someone on a crit for the third sesh in a row never seems to get old.
Additionally, I wanted to write a bit of a proposal for the direction of our group and see if I could get some approval from the other members of the group. I think Return to the Temple of EE is a cool campaign because it offers so many directions for the players to choose. It is however a nightmare for a GM who is trying to prep the next session. If we could mid-week agree on our next general direction it would help Greg make sessions that are the most fun and fleshed out. He would probably stress a little less too. I know there wasnt tons of talk but it seemed to me that our group had come up with a new direction. The proposal is

1. Take 3-5 days of abstract time to gather information in Rastor.
2. Go back to Homlet and check in with Elmo and Questin/do some shopping.
3. Make our way to Nulb to begin our search for Lareth the Not-So-Beautiful anymore.

Dan, Sean and Cailin if you could drop some thoughts on the thread this week to show agreement or disapproval for the plan that would be great. The earlier we agree the more time Greg has to think about what he wants to do.
Lastly we just uncovered a little loot patch in the ettin cave. I want to refer Greg to my previous thread on items my chars are interested in. People could send Greg a wish list too if they wanted. I dont know how hes doin loot these days but giving him an idea of what we want cant hurt. Ok ppl see you on sat for x-boxin and im off to play some WoW minis!
GoldenHudge
Beginner

Re: Back at the table

Postby Overload on Sun May 31, 2009 11:59 am

You guys should all definitely follow Eric's advice and reply to the wish-list thread.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nilliac on Sun May 31, 2009 12:04 pm

This sounds like a good plan to me, and don't forget to level up before the session as well, that will save some time too. I would love to come up with some questions for the Rastor people, considering what we've learned in the dungeon it's much more likely that we'll be able formulate "the right questions". Want to do some of that ahead of time too?
Nilliac
Super Duper Poster

Postby Dyluck on Sun May 31, 2009 12:41 pm

Awesome I had started a short wish-list thing of my own, but should track it down and post it.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Hey I know we've been talking about needing to make up a session because we've already missed a few, but could we move this week's session to another night? Would you guys want to play Friday? And are we considering doing another Sunday morning?
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 pm

Cailin is babysitting on Friday until 7:30, or at least that's what her calendar says. The ending time is usually pretty fluctuating.

I'd still be willing to play that night, but we might have to go late.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nilliac on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:01 am

I really don't think I'll be in much of a state to play that Friday, with the babysitting and all. I think I'll have to pass in favor of playing sometime on the weekend (Sunday?) or the usual Thursday.
Nilliac
Super Duper Poster

Postby Nilliac on Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Questions for Tal Chammish:

Who does he work for? Elder Elemental Eye, Temple of Elemental Evil, None (i.e. Contractor/Mercenary), one of the temples mentioned (Earth, Water?)(what other elements are there? Have we identified that?) Who gave him orders?

Why did the people of Rastor need to be "controlled" with the drugs(poison?) Why Tal was giving them? What does Tal get out of this deal, what is his motivation for helping whoever he works for? Once we know his motivation we'll know how to whittle more truth out of him. He needs a reason to be forthcoming with us that isn't the fear of death, so far that tactic is rickety at best (and in Arora's eyes makes the line between civil and uncivil quite blurry indeed)

Does he know the deception regarding the EEE being a front for Tharizdun? Does he care? Do we have any proof by which to convince him if he doesn't believe us? Perhaps this will encourage him to help us with more information?

Once we find out who he works for... if it is not a group who is directly connected with the Doomdreamers they might be good sources of information and intel. Considering how pissed off Lareth was, they might fall in line (if they believe us...) The temples would be a great source of information, they don't seem as organized towards the same goals as the upper echelons of the Dark God. We could use this to our advantage and maybe play them against each other or offer them something they want in return for info/assistance.

Does he know the whereabouts of or information about Lareth the Beautiful?

We can only assume there are four temples involved with the ToEE, considering the frequent mentions of elemental temples and the carvings which clearly depicted four people with different elementally-type stuff on each side. Does anyone think they're similarly unaware of Tharizdun's involvement as Lareth was?

If Tal knows anything about Lareth, we should press him for all he's worth before leaving to find this guy. The more we know about him obviously the better prepared we will be.

Stuff about Lareth we should know:
His job or purpose: he's described as the "champion" but it's not clear what this entails.
How did he discover the deception of the EEE?
Where are his loyalties now? Is it possible to persuade him to help us foil their plans?
For that matter (a question for Lareth) just what are the Doomdreamer's plans? We figure they want to release Tharizdun and destroy all of existence, but how exactly do they plan to do it? Where is there point of focus or main interest? The spire? The old ToEE? (We know they were excavating it when we interrupted them last time...) What is their operation hinging on now, and if Lareth doesn't know, who would (aside from the crazy clerics who aren't much use).

Ok that's enough rambling for now. Ciao.
Nilliac
Super Duper Poster

Postby Dyluck on Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Sounds like Friday is a no-go. I absolutely refuse to go a full week without 4e, so if Sunday works, moving the session to that morning would be great for me. If people can't do Sunday, I can feasibly still do Thursday, though it's not ideal.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby GoldenHudge on Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Id love to accommodate Dan on Sunday morning but Kellene and I are gonna be out of town so its gotta be Thursday. If people wanna start a little early(4:30-5:00) or a little late(7:30-8:00) I could fer sure be flexible. Sorry bout that. As for the questions I think Cailin has some good ideas. I just think its important that we ask how long the cult has been in the area or if people remember time periods of more activity. We should try to locate a sage or older person in the area that might know a little more. We could also spend some time(abstracted of course) laying low and trying to sort our other criminal activity in the area looking for possible cult connections to town. Thats all I got, hope to see you tomorrow, Ill call Greg to see if we can do it.
GoldenHudge
Beginner

Postby Dyluck on Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:07 am

Okay I can still do Thursday - I don't want to start late, but I also can't start early, as I work that morning. How about normal time?
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby GoldenHudge on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:59 am

Sounds good. See people around 5:30 6ish.
GoldenHudge
Beginner

Postby GoldenHudge on Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 am

Melec, I know you have in the past been proud of your reckless attitude and dramatic flair during combat, but last night you would have won only a silver medal. You tackle fire bats off a one story drop, this guy wanted to take down a mid-fight dragon 50 ft off the ground. This is the kind of shit that the child of Ethan Hunt from mission impossible and Laura Croft from Tomb Raider would dream up. His party barely convinced him not to do it so he only tried to grab the dragons flapping wing while he held on to a rope with the other hand. His luck would have ran out if that attack had landed. 30 minutes later though the entire party was wishing that he had cuz the ended up triggering another encounter during the dragon fight and im sure now they are all dead or slaves to a nasty black scaly thing.
GoldenHudge
Beginner

Return to D&D