Dan & Dan Birthday LAN: July 17th-18th

All things related to LAN parties goes here.

Dan & Dan Birthday LAN: July 17th-18th

Postby Pebby on Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:24 pm

It's official! It's on! The Dan and Dan Birthday LAN 'til the break(s) of dawn! The date that worked best for everyone turned out to be next week, so here are the details:

It's at Overload's place.
We will start at 6pm on Friday the 17th.
We will end whenever we get tired on Saturday the 18th.
There will probably be a break for sleeping somewhere on Friday night and resuming on Saturday.
Assortments of food and beverages will be provided (please feel free to chime in with any requests).
We'll try to bring as many network cables and power gear as possible, but if you have a spare of either lying around, feel free to toss it in to your bag (we're okay on switches between Overload and myself).

Here's the confirmed attendees I know about so far:
Pebby
Dyluck
Overload
Nilliac
nothingpants (Pebby's friend)
Lev (Pebby's other, meaner friend)
ThePumaman (he flies like a moron)
danic
StudlyBob
StuppyPomper
e3_Jeb
Michi (the foodbringer)
Stringer
DM-Kevin
Ally Sphere

Sound off or message me and I'll add ya, otherwise the rest of this thread is meant for general jubilation, discussion, and questions. I'll start by saying YAAAAAAAAAAY!
Last edited by Pebby on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Pebby
Godlike!

Re: Dan & Dan Birthday LAN: July 17th-18th

Postby ThePumaman on Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:39 pm

I will come with a computer
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Pebby on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Speaking of computers, I'll be setting up a machine to be a dedicated server for TF2, CoD4, Quake 3 (Rocket Arena), and, hopefully, Dystopia. Said machine will definitely be able to run some older games like Rise of Nations when not doing server duty, for the lacking-computer folks among us. I haven't tried Heroes of Newerth on it yet, but I will give it a whirl. I believe OverloadUT has a garry's mod server for when we're all sleeptarded. Any other requests/ideas?
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:49 pm

If I can revive my old laptop I can join in for stuff like TF2 and Rise of Nations, but nothing too fancy or recent. Orrrr if I can use a computer. I really wanna gooooo. I can't stay long on the 18th since I have plans in the evening but uh. I guess I will decide within the next week if I can/should go. :p

...I can bring cookies.
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby danic on Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:34 am

Sign me up! As I have not been to one of your LAN's yet will there be an e-mail about location and driving directions?
Also I will have a spare computer in my trunk if needed. Lastly, you guys do a lot of file-sharing? If so I haul my monster file server over
danic
Beginner

Postby Pebby on Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:44 am

danic: We're really not big file-sharers (others, feel free to chime in if suddenly you have a craving for some files) outside of sharing games. If you do have another capable computer, I know at least Michi will greatly appreciate it.

Edit: Check your PMs for directions!
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Studlybob on Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:52 am

My plan is to be there Friday night after work and Saturday. I'll probably need to leave for a couple of hours Saturday morning, but I'll leave my computer in case anyone wants to use it. I'll need to leave around 6pm Saturday night for good though. So, I'll be in and out a bit. If there is a space issue let me know. I wouldn't want to take a spot from anyone if I'm not going to be there the whole time.

Sounds like a rocking good time!

Yes. I did just say "rocking good time" and I feel great about it!
3SPN 'The World Wide L33ter In Sports'
Studlybob
Better Than Average

Postby Michi on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:25 pm

I'm going to bring pretzels and dip. Does anyone want chocolate cake too? Or just cookies? Or just cake?
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Pebby on Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:58 pm

Michi wrote:I'm going to bring pretzels and dip. Does anyone want chocolate cake too? Or just cookies? Or just cake?

I am certain that anyone would want any of those things! I approve of all of these. I think I've figured out what to do for snacky things, but dessert-y snacky things are always good. Mmmmm. Depending on how late we're up at night, we could do a Redwood Bagel early morning run too!
Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down an open manhole and die. -- Mel Brooks
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Kiku on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Yahoo! Not sure if I can make it on the 17th, but I will try to be there as early as I can on the 18th. :D
aka Luna on TCCO :>
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Postby Dyluck on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 am

Oh god stop the presses! Last minute stroke of GENIUS. If you have a 360, bring it - more choices means more potential fun(s). If you have a separate monitoring device for your box, bring that for SIMULTANEOUS ADVENTURE. Even with the couple extra computers being brought by some of our extra JAWSOME attendees, I fear that a person or two will be without a spot.

Okay, now restart the presses.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Pebby on Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Thank you to everyone for coming and making it a most excellent LAN! I am still recovering from the awesomeness of it all, but I think I shall be back to normal tomorrow.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down an open manhole and die. -- Mel Brooks
Pebby
Godlike!

Return to LAN Parties