SATURDAY THE 23rd OF AUGUST

All things related to LAN parties goes here.

Re: SATURDAY THE 23rd OF AUGUST

Postby ThePumaman on Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:35 pm

"Slow and Expensive" is like a fine wine; it's best enjoyed slowly. One has to get the whole aroma and atmosphere of the slow-and-expensive game, taking time to enjoy each age in its own right like one would appreciate the different flavors of a wine. Normal mode is like Two Buck Chuck, it's quick and cheap and gets the job done while still managing to be enjoyable.

e: Also so far Dan's the only one who has mentioned fish tacos. Does anyone else want them? The sauce needs to sit overnight so I'd need to prepare it today if people want. If not, then NO FISH TACOS FOR YOU!
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Slow and Expensive is stupid and so is your face. I bet you want to play a 6 hour game of Sins of a Solar Empire as well!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Actually I kind of want to
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:04 pm

And yes I want fish tacos
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:25 pm

GO FISH TACOS!
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Pebby on Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:00 pm

My bullet points on why it was better:
- Perfect map size - allies were close enough that they could help each other AND we actually had to struggle for our land (i.e. resources - I couldn't just hang back and econo-dominate). Furthermore, cities were built together pretty densely, so there was a lot of danger associated in having someone close by. Sean and I were just over the fence from each other and it added a lot of excitement.
- No slow and expensive research... which just leads to people wanting to save up for research instead of balancing armies with research (also compounded by large maps)
- 2 vs. 3. Okay, maybe this isn't required for a good game, but I found myself forced to fight much more tooth-and-nails instead of 'turtle and crush' because we were down a man.

I WANNA PLAY!!!

P.S. I don't want fish tacos, but don't let me stop you
Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down an open manhole and die. -- Mel Brooks
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby e3_Jeb on Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:30 pm

So umm.. I just wanted to ask if you guys would save some RoN for Marie and me? It's early in the day and I'm already deep into a can of Rock Star but I hope we'll have enough energy to get some good gaming in tonight. See you guys there!
The Token Bi-Racial Kid...
e3_Jeb
Godlike!

Previous

Return to LAN Parties