December 22nd: Winter WonderLAN

All things related to LAN parties goes here.

December 22nd: Winter WonderLAN

Postby Pebby on Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:34 pm

WHERE: My place (PM or call me if you need an address or directions)
WHEN: Starting at 2PM, December 22nd; Ending when we collapse or run out of caffeine

WHO (reply to be added, fools!):
Pebby
Overload
Kiku
Stringer
Dyluck

WHAT (reply with your thoughts):
Team Fortress 2
Aliens vs. Predator 2?
Giants: Citizen Kabuto!!!
Call of Duty 4 (I'll have some copies to go around)
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
+ requisite Jedi Knight 2 "Humans vs. the Army of Lando" at 2am

Let me know what sort of snacks/drinks/dinner you guys are interested in and if you're coming.

Also I have an entire extra computer/monitor that works perfectly well for almost any game if anyone wants to use it, or you know someone without a computer who'd want to join us. Just let me know if you want to reserve it for someone!
Last edited by Pebby on Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby ThePumaman on Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 pm

Sadly I'll be in Japanaland (well not really sadly), but I wish you all the best of fun! Also I can leave my computer up for someone to use (Greg or someone could bring it to the LAN), with the promise that I get to exact revenge on anyone who messes with it.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:34 am

I will be there!

I would like to suggest another game to play. It's one we've played before, but not everyone could run the game so we never revisited it. However, the time has come now that everyone has a machine that can run this beast, and I think we should give it another shot:
Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

I was thinking about my desire to play AvP and remembered that Splinter Cell is actually another game of that rare type where the sides facing each other are 100% different. And unlike Pandora Tomorrow, playing the merc is actually a lot of fun in DA. DanG and I actually played it a fair amount on our 360s after the LAN and we had a blast. Let's do this!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pebby on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:19 am

Overload wrote:DanG and I actually played it a fair amount on our 360s after the LAN and we had a blast.

Yes! And the new mission types and maps are really fun!
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Kiku on Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:19 pm

I really want to be there. My ride and such configurations are not finalized as of yet, but I'll just post and let you know that I plan on being there.
aka Luna on TCCO :>
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Postby Michi on Sat Dec 08, 2007 12:47 am

December 22 is Winter Solstice (aside from being my birthday of course) so I think the title you have given this LAN is quite appropriate. Props to you!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Francewins on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:20 pm

I'll try to come - I won't know my work schedule for that weekend until the middle of next week, but usually I'm working until 9:30pm saturday and start work at 9am on sunday. If that's the case I don't know if I can really afford to drive down to SR for only two hours, but if I can get a bigger window of time I'll pack up my comp before work saturday and stop by for a few hours afterwards. I don't have TF2 unfortunately, Xmas gifts pwned my checking account and I need to start saving as I'm moving to UCSC next fall, but I'll play whatever I can install and don't mind just hanging out otherwise. I'll let you guys know my status next week when I get my work schedule.
Francewins
Weaksauce

Postby Pebby on Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:36 pm

Francewins wrote:I don't have TF2 unfortunately

Then you can use my extra copy! Hooray, beer!
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Pebby on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:05 pm

FYI, changed the starting time to 2pm, so I have some more prep time to get ready. You're welcome to come over at noon, still, but I'll probably be in the kitchen.
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:24 pm

I might be late. I need to do all of my Christmas shopping tomorrow and will get going as early as possible but with the weekend rush it might take a long time. However, I will NOT be leaving in the evening as I previously thought so that balances it out!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kiku on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:03 pm

Oh whew! Glad you changed it to 2. I still need to do some Christmas Shopping. I will be there!!

I will be carpooling with DanL and lugging a rather large monitor with me. I am behind the age of flat panels!
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Postby Kiku on Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:57 pm

I am at the LAN!!
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Postby Kiku on Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:34 pm

Dan, did I leave my Call of Duty CD box at your house? I can't seem to find it and when I put the CoD cd in my computer I took one of my CDs out and put it in there...so I need it back.

The CD will have the label "Fart Face's Anime 2.0".

Thanks.
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Postby Pebby on Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:21 pm

Kiku wrote:Dan, did I leave my Call of Duty CD box at your house? I can't seem to find it and when I put the CoD cd in my computer I took one of my CDs out and put it in there...so I need it back.

The CD will have the label "Fart Face's Anime 2.0".

Thanks.

I think Dan L. took it home with him, I remember finding the CD box and giving it to him.
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Kiku on Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Oh, whew.

Crisis averted.
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Return to LAN Parties