Kabuto vs Predator 2

All things related to LAN parties goes here.

Kabuto vs Predator 2

Postby Overload on Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:31 pm

So I have been having a desire to play Aliens vs Predator or something like it. I posted a thread on Shack asking for recommendations of similar games and sadly there were not many but someone did mention Giants: Citizen Kabuto and it got me thinking that we should try that game out again now that everyone has a machine that could run it.

So... AvP and Kabuto at the next LAN maybe? Hmmmm?
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Pebby on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:30 pm

I'm up for trying it and hoping they both still run... I have enjoyed both immensely!
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:50 pm

Those are both great games, and I was a big fan back in the day, and would love to see some "comeback lan" gameplay!

The most fun mode in Giants (I think) is the quasi base-building one, which takes a little more time, but has people running around gathering meat and the smartie guys. If one team isn't beaten and crippled early, the end can be epic as a HUGE Kabuto attacks a heavily fortified base. The one flaw is that for the good 1 Kabuto / few water caster ladies / bunch of jetpack tech guys ratio, you need a decent number of players.

AvP is tons of fun, though I'm curious what your hankering is for - AvP2 had (after patches) battle suits and queen aliens, and each race is fairly well matched in 1-on-1 in most situations. AvP1 is a ton older, but had the very interesting feel of intentional uneven races. You get more points for killing an alien than a predator because you need a bunch of aliens to kill one predator. Again, the flaw is that you need a decent number of players.

I am up for Giants, AvP1, or AvP2. They're all a blast, but the last one works well even with only 3-4 people.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Kiku on Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:21 pm

I would really like to play Giants again. I remember loving that game so much!

Same with Sacrifice. That was great too.
aka Luna on TCCO :>
Kiku
Posting Spree!

Return to LAN Parties