March March Lan Lan

All things related to LAN parties goes here.

What say you?

Here, here!
21%
I agree!
14%
I like toasters!
7%
I like toast, but not toasters!
7%
No lan!
7%
I am busy those weekends, but would like to lan another time. I don't know of a day I could do yet, but I will post when I think of one that others could potentially make.
7%
Steve Buscemi freaks me out.
14%
More polls like this!
No votes
ESCARGOT MONGO FUNGUS PANCAKING
14%
I want underpants made of ham!
7%

Total votes : 14

Postby Overload on Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:50 pm

Michi wrote:Company of Douches

Dan Classic is going to cry when he sees this thread now!

Michi wrote:Also, I vote for a game of Civ dammit!! AND, WoW. It is fun playing together so we can just yell out stuff instead of typing it all.

The problem with Civ is that it ends the LAN. I mean, we've done it before, and we play it for 6 or 12 hours and then the LAN is over and we feel like we didn't really get to play anything except for one quarter of a Civ game.

WoW is very fun to play at a LAN I think, especially if we do an instance. And maybe it'll convince Dan Classic to actually play with us. :(
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Michi on Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:24 pm

Well let's do it (Civ) at a LAN that isn't on a Sunday where we can do it last and stay up late doing it. :D

WoW was totally fun last time, when Sean and I went out to buy an official copy for me. :D!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Dyluck on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Michi wrote:Well let's do it (Civ) at a LAN that isn't on a Sunday where we can do it last and stay up late doing it. :D

This brings up a good point. What time frame are people available for? Since it's a Sunday night, how early are people thinking of leaving?
I won't be getting there until the afternoon, but I only have night classes on Monday, so I'm ready to stay until the lan is spent. But not like that time Alec and I got stranded at the original apartment 167 for three days.

Seriously. Three days.

Also:

Michi wrote:Company of Douches

You're a monster.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby ThePumaman on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:19 pm

I have work the next morning, so I'll probably be leaving around 9pmish.

However, if we bend space-time I can stay for years or until the universe collapses around us.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:30 pm

ThePumaman wrote:I have work the next morning, so I'll probably be leaving around 9pmish.

Yeah, I actually have to go into work at 8:30 the following morning, so um.. not late night gaming for me.
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Pebby on Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:56 pm

I will probably leave around 9-10ish, but I don't want to play WoW or Civ. I'd like to play Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, and UT.
Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall down an open manhole and die. -- Mel Brooks
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:14 pm

At least there is another vote for Age of Mythology. ;~;
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Pebby on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:51 am

Can my vote count as two votes? I love it that much.
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:57 am

I've only played it once with Sean, so I'd really like to play it again.

WoW needs more love, though!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Dyluck on Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:45 pm

Well I think Age of Mythology should definitely get some face time! And let's play in Jortunheim, I think it's called - the ultimate bottle-neck map!

I'd like to put a vote out for a little Half-Life 2 - Garry's Mod can be a lot of fun, but there's also a ton of mods, like Dystopia (which is supposed to be great).

Lastly, it sounds like it's going to be a shorter lan, but we still need dinner, and I like snacks. Do people want to each bring $10, buy / make food, or bring that dish that's been stinking up your fridge so long you forgot what it was? If there are no suggestions, I would like to requisition fish tacos a la Sean, and the rest of us bring munchies and drinkies.

"Munchies" are snacks.
"Drinkies" are drinks.

What say you?
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:42 pm

I can't eat the fish tacos so I need more than snacks... D:
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Silly Overload

Postby Studlybob on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:38 pm

OMG! Greg spilled the beans about the LAN and then was obligated to invite me when he saw the tears leak from my eyes and roll down my puffy cheeks in desperation.

Foolish Foolish man!

I'm down for whateva! I'll bring some kash with me for fud or dreenks or whatever.

Wow, Civ, CoH, Supreme Commander (don't listen to Greg and Dan...that game rules!) age of Mythology...etc

If there will be WoW going on I'd better get started on leveling a character on your server. Hopefully you aren't past level 10 because otherwise I'm OOL. Holy crap though, I can totally be your cheerleader as you rock the instance. Go Greg, he's the man, if he can't dps, nobody can!

Yoink!
3SPN 'The World Wide L33ter In Sports'
Studlybob
Better Than Average

Postby Pebby on Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:58 pm

Dyluck wrote:I would like to requisition fish tacos a la Sean

I actually vote not to do that, since Sean will have to stop playing games for a really long time to prep.

Unless you all hate pizza, I vote for Papa Murphy's pizza: it's cheap, it's fast, and since you never pay me, it's pretty much free. Beyond that, I think we should assign snacks/drinks to people as per Dan's suggestion, unless Greg or someone wants to pick stuff up and be paid.

I, again, vote against WoW, but would be willing to try more stupid HL2 mods. I also went to a really bad GDC lecture from the Company of Heroes guys today, so now I hate them on an irrational personal level in addition to the valid reasons I dislike the game. I'll still play it if you make me, but I would so rather play Rise of Nations or Age of Mythology.

Also when can I come over?
Pebby
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:20 pm

Pebby wrote:Unless you all hate pizza, I vote for Papa Murphy's pizza: it's cheap, it's fast, and since you never pay me, it's pretty much free.

I actually laughed out loud. I would totally be cool with Papa Murphy's pizza. I also think assigning things to bring is a good idea, because then no one has to pay anyone back, pot luck style. But if the drink guy shows up with 1 6 pack, we get to break his kneecaps.

Pebby wrote:I, again, vote against WoW, but would be willing to try more stupid HL2 mods. I also went to a really bad GDC lecture from the Company of Heroes guys today, so now I hate them on an irrational personal level in addition to the valid reasons I dislike the game. I'll still play it if you make me, but I would so rather play Rise of Nations or Age of Mythology.

I am only against WoW because Dan Classic would be left out. You know I love CoH and will totally play that, and although I don't like AoM, I'll play it if everyone wants to. I'm always up for a game of RoN.

Also, Dan Classic and I saved you guys the trouble of finding out that Warhammer Mark of Chaos sucks. He came over Sunday night and we played for a couple hours only to decide to never play it again. It wasn't all a loss though! We found out what that HL2 mod "Gutter Runners" is supposed to be: Warhammer. The rat people are called "Skaven" and even the name Gutter Runners is one of the main Skaven units. It was very weird seeing all of the guys from Gutter Runners in Mark of Chaos, and they looked exactly the same as they did in the HL2 mod. So I guess I've gotta give it to them that they did a pretty good job with the modeling, now that I know it was based on something.

Pebby wrote:Also when can I come over?

As early as you want.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:53 pm

So everyone brings some cash for the pizza, and a small snack - sounds like plenty of food for a half-day lan. That cool with everyone?

And if you really want to, either yell at you monitor or type in with the keyboard what you really really want to bring.
Dyluck
Godlike!

PreviousNext

Return to LAN Parties