[Dead] Pitboss Game #3 Official Game Thread

Postby PopnFresh on Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:27 pm

So wait. Are we starting today?

EDIT: I think the board ranking for someone with as few posts as I have should just be changed to "Kikkoman."
PopnFresh
Kikkoman

Postby Overload on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:46 pm

Yes, and okay except I made it just for you forever.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:14 pm

I KNOW I KNOW I SUCK SO MUCH.

I will really seriously be setting it up tonight. Work has been so super busy and then I've been forgetting at night. Sorry!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PopnFresh on Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:16 pm

PopnFresh
Kikkoman

Postby Michi on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:18 am

Argh, advanced start always messes me up. I picked two things I didn't want. :lol: One of them I swear gave no warning that it was going to happen right then! Oh well. Let the game begin!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Careful with the advanced start

Postby Studlybob on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:20 pm

Dont click on the "automated improvements" icon in the advanced start. I have no idea what it does, but unlike everything else, when you click on it, it immediately takes gold away from you. I kept clicking on it trying to figure out what it would do and it kept sucking my gold away.

All the other options you can choose in the advanced start bring up a cursor before it takes away your gold. I.e It requires two steps to spend gold. With "automated improvements" every time you click on it, it immediately takes gold.

Weak.

The worst part is that I can't even figure out what clicking on it 5 times and losing 40g actually DID for me.

Also the 300g you spend at the start is your starting money pool. If you spend all but 3g, then you'll start the game with 3g instead of the normal 100.

(for the record I did try advanced start in a single player game as was recommended by the admin, i guess i missed a couple of points though)
3SPN 'The World Wide L33ter In Sports'
Studlybob
Better Than Average

Postby Overload on Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:57 pm

I believe "automated improvements" simply tells the AI to do the entire advanced start as it sees fit. The two times I've tried it that's what it did. Basically it gives you what an AI would choose to get. It can be hard to figure out what it spent it on though, because there are so many little things like adding culture, revealing a square, putting a building in a city, etc. that are hard to notice. I wouldn't be too worried, as you can be sure that it did buy something for you that you would have had to produce yourself later.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Michi on Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:55 pm

Yeah, I've played advanced start before, but I still messed up by pressing automatic improvements when I didn't really want it. I greatly disliked that it didn't tell me the cost before doing it. >| Everything else warned me how much money it'd take, haha!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

Postby Overload on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:47 am

Popnfresh, you selected the wrong leader when you logged in. You were randomly assigned Kublai Kahn, but you assumed control of Suleiman instead. In the interest of not having to start the game over, I will simply assign Dahanese to Kublai Kahn. You were both random anyway so it's not a huge deal.

Speaking of reading the first post, the following players have taken their turns but not registered their leaders on Civstats:
Dan Indra

Please be sure to do this soon!
Last edited by Overload on Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:34 am

Overload wrote:Also, Alec's email bounced; does anyone know what it is now?

Okay, so now I ask this question again. What is Alec's email address or can anyone get a hold of him? I'm going to have to find a replacement if he doesn't play his first turn soon. :(
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PopnFresh on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:23 pm

I'm really sorry about the wrong leader thing. I realized it after I did my advanced start, and if it's any consolation, I slapped my forehead REALLY hard.

I'll upload my civstats when I get home tonight
PopnFresh
Kikkoman

Postby Overload on Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:37 pm

There's nothing you need to upload; just go to the site and click the button and you're done! (and maybe make an account if you don't have one, but you played with us in the last game so I think you already have one. You might need to change your email address if you used your VC one before.)

The leader thing isn't a big deal, no worries. You are forgiven because of the screenshot you posted to say the game wasn't up which I found most amusing.

Turn 2 will start soon everyone! I'll be finding a replacement tomorrow if Alec doesn't take his turn tonight.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby e3_Jeb on Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:26 pm

Look I've got the game.. I've been watching I can't seem to get the version to match up right.. I'm still trying to get this worked out..

Much Love,
- Alec
The Token Bi-Racial Kid...
e3_Jeb
Godlike!

Postby ThePumaman on Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:21 pm

Did you get ze patch? Are you using an 'unscrupulous' version of the game?
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Michi on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:22 pm

I had the "not same version" thing pop up at me until I remembered I hadn't installed the patch yet (even though I had downloaded it already! bah!). It might just be that!
Michi
OMG GIRL ON TEH INTARNET

PreviousNext

Return to Civilization 4