Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Apartment 167 • View topic - Pitboss Game #2 Server is DOWN for extended period of time

Pitboss Game #2 Server is DOWN for extended period of time

Pitboss Game #2 Server is DOWN for extended period of time

Postby Overload on Tue May 22, 2007 5:27 pm

I am moving. I'll be only 10 minutes from work instead of 30, yay! I'll be closer to all of my friends, yay!

The bad part of this is that it means the Civ server will be down for at least a week, and maybe 2 or 3. Besides actually moving all of my equipment to the new place, I have to wait for DSL to get installed. They say this takes a week after the phone line is in, but you know how these things go; it could be a lot longer.

So:
Starting Tuesday, May 22nd, the server will be down for at least a week, possibly longer.

Once everything is up and running again, I will post a 48 hour notice here of when I plan to bring the server back online. I believe that is a fair amount of warning for everyone to know that the server will be coming back up. If you really don't want to miss the notice, simply subscribe to this thread.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:25 am

Situation: Critical

The secondary hard drive on my server that holds all of the server's data besides the OS has died during the move. I don't know exactly what happened but the HDD is completely inaccessible and chkdsk can't even start to see what's wrong with it; it dies right after it says it's an NTFS drive.

I'll be frank: Barring a miracle, this game will not be able to continue because all of the save files are gone.

Don't let my calm words fool you in to thinking that I'm not upset about this. The HDD is not the only part of the server that died in the move so I will be needing to spend more money than I'd like to to even get a working server again, and I wish I could say this was the only Pitboss game I have to break this news to.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Civilization 4