Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Apartment 167 • View topic - The great meeting of the world leaders

The great meeting of the world leaders

The great meeting of the world leaders

Postby Overload on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:34 am

The year is 1870 AD.

History has shown us the fall of many inferior civilizations. What is left is the most powerful civilizations of the world: The Japanese, the Aztecs, the Americans, the Russians, and the Indians.

I, Greg of the Russians, call this meeting of the first four of these great nations to discuss the idea of executing the most organized war effort history has ever seen.

The Indians are dangerous. History has shown us that they are war mongers that attack without warning and have little desire for diplomatic relations.

My scouts have just sent word from Indian land that they have seen an army capable of mass destruction, for the Indians have developed the technology to build Artillery, and SAM Infantry! And not just one or two, but several dozen battalions! Every day the Indians become more and more advanced so the time to strike is now!

My military advisor believes that the only way such a strike could be successful is if the four greatest nations of the world combine our forces to take them down.

We have developed a preliminary tactical plan. The Indians seem to be gathering almost their entire army in their frontmost city; the one that borders American land. If we can launch an assault against this city and sever its connection to the rest of the Indian land, we should be able to launch an assault from behind and pick off the much less defended cities.

Who's in?
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ThePumaman on Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:57 am

My advisors too have been worried about the Indian army that has gathered on our borders. The American people constantly live in fear under the Indian shadow, and the uncertainty of the future plagues my people on both continents.

I have been amassing a small army, but with such limited technology I fear my troops would be a mere picketed fence against his artillery and troops. Something must be done!

I offer free movement of passage through my territory for anyone who seeks to help me in my effort against the Indians. My cities can heal your wounded, my roads can carry you swiftly, and my people can cheer your troops on.

India is a threat to us all, for when he runs through me he will undoubtedly steamroll through the rest of us. We must act soon.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

I agree...with stipulations

Postby Studlybob on Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:39 pm

I agree that our great civilizations should band together to destroy the evil Indian Empire. My people believe that Emperor RNelsonPC is an evil warlock who is combining the use of magic with technology. Not only is his name incredibly unique and evil, but these new types of weapons he is developing can only be the work of magic.

My people have never heard of such things and inherently fear them.

I will rally my forces along with the might of others.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ok, sorry for the out of character stuff but what I have to say is too tough to say in character.

I would be happy to make concentrated attacks at the AI. However, what I don't want to end up happening is that the strong rulers amongst us (you know who you are) rush in with their super units and take all the cites while the weaker among us (I know who we are) are just used as a distraction. There is no advantage in this for me. I'd rather keep the AI alive just so there is someone to compete with you strong people and keeps me safer.

All that being said, I'm not looking to gain an advantage over everyone else in this. I think we need to be able to divide up the Indian empire equally. That involved everyone getting a fair number of his cities, spending an equal amount of time building up for war, staying in war, and an equal amount of resources towards war.

The tricky part is that "equal amounts" scale per power of the given civilization. It will cost me a considerable amount more resources to wage the same war against the AI that it will the stronger rulers. I think we need to setup a scaling system to make sure it's an equal amount.

Now, I'm all up for altering my suggestions but the bottom line to me is that it has to be equal amount of resources to reward for everyone relative to their power. Without some effort made in that area it is a horribly strategic disadvantage to me to have everyone invade the AI. Greg and Dyluck are strong enough to rush in and take a ton of cities, while Pumaman gets a strong opponent off his back. I really don't get anything considering I'm already behind in technology and am just coming off a war. I do think as long as we can generally promote some fairness in how we go about this that it's a great idea.

Here are some of my ideas.

1. Each of the 4 of us pick an equal amount/power of cities that we get to take. It's decided before hand amongst us who will get which cities before we go to war. We'll have to decide between location, resources, and city size what is fair for everyone.

2. Everyone must devote the same amount of time to the war. Even if you take all your cities you must stay at war (even if you're not really attacking) as long as the Indians are alive.

3. Everyone must devote the same amount of strength/resources to the war relative to their current power. This is the toughest part.

We should agree on a total amount of power that must be assembled for war. No more, no less. It wouldn't be fair if someone was able to spend like 2 turns building units and because they're so powerful they can go back to making buildings right away or because they're so powerful they can crush the Indians so fast that they take their cities and then can just go back to making buildings again while the rest of us struggle.

I don't have exact numbers because I haven't taken the time to do the math, figure out how nasty the Indians are...etc. But it would be something like this.

We set a value of 1000-1200 (total random number). Everyone must have at least 1000 points worth of attack power set aside as their "war forces" for the attack on India or at most 1200. Because the average score of all human players is currently 1773. Dyluck is 31% over that number, Greg is 6% under that number, I am 9% under that number and Pumaman is 19% under that number. Therefore to make this equal. Dyluck would have to supply 31% over the lowest number ie 1310 total attack power and Pumaman would supply 810 attack power as a minimum.

How you get to that attack power is up to you. Lots of small troops or more high powered troops.

The balance to dyluck having to provide more "power" to the attack is that he can do that with less troops and faster then we can.

The actual number we set should be a consensus amongst everyone as to what is fair and what is enough to "get the job done".

4. We have to agree on a set date that we all choose to attack. Not only is this fair but it's also a strategic advantage for us all. The date will be decided upon via census. Anyone not hitting their minimum "attack power" by that date will be subject to sanctions (ie. you get less cities).

5. There is an end date. Any cities not taken by this point become fair game, to avoid anyone purposely taking a long time in an attempt to prolong war.

6. There is no outside war during this time. I don't think it's necessary to set peace in the game, but we agree there is no attacking until India is destroyed.

I am sure there are more rules to make this fair but I should go back to work =)

I know this is probably way to picky for everyone. I just want to feel like this is fair for everyone. If it's just a free for all then all that's going to do is make the strongest people become even stronger as they use other people as distractions and run through India like a plague. If it ends up this way then I'm better off just sticking to my own plans.
3SPN 'The World Wide L33ter In Sports'
Studlybob
Better Than Average

Ok fine

Postby Studlybob on Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:18 am

Maybe we don't have to get that complicated. However, I think we should follow the rules about not fighting other wars at the same time and such otherwise it's too big of a risk.

I still think it's imperative that we split his cities up evenly (or as evenly as possible given the size and location of the cities.
3SPN 'The World Wide L33ter In Sports'
Studlybob
Better Than Average

Postby Dyluck on Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:18 pm

I agree.

Balancing the military input seems like a good idea.

-Dyluck, Emperor of Japan
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 pm

The Indian war machine grows every day. What base military input do people think would be effective and fair?

Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:08 pm

I am currently building a military force to help out - However, I fear that the legendary Russian Cossacks are useless now that the evil Indians have been seen with machinegunners. Doubled defense against gunpowder units, ouch!

Actually, does anyone know if mounted gunpowder units are considered mounted units, gunpowder units, or both? Perhaps my Cossacks don't count as gunpowder... Still though, machinegunners are strength 18 defenders...
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ThePumaman on Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:53 pm

I have but cannon and musketmen to fight the Indians. I'll do what I can, which will primarily be in the form of colladeral damage, but that's about all I can do. I offer up my cities as a military springboard for you guys' troops.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:26 pm

I believe your mighty Cossacks are considered mounted, as with cavalry. While they don't ignore the walls of a city, machinegunners don't tear them apart too quickly.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Great Leaders of the World:

I require your attention in these trouble times. Call me a bloodthirsty warlord if you like, but the facts are clear. When we first considered this final solution, India was home to a SAM infantry and a few lone artillery squads. Fully armed infantry now join the ranks in staggering numbers. Machinegunners gather in the cities and artillery squads multiply seemingly every day. Their vile leader now builds a railroad network, making the entire nation difficult to attack. It is my honest opinion that, if left alone much longer, even our combined force will not be enough to defeat the Indians without catastrophic losses.

I have gathered my troops, and tomorrow I will position them for the large-scale invasion of India. The following day will mark the beginning of the end for RNELSONPC.

I am fully aware, and even partially agree that adding to the Japanese population may not be in the best interest for Earth as a whole. After the cities have been liberated from the oppressive Indian rule, and the fighting is over, I vow to distribute the captured settlements evenly among the world's leaders. As I will suffer considerable losses in taking them, I believe trades at reasonable and decent values are acceptable - technology or troops, for example.

I am informing you all of my plan. I sincerely feel that India is a danger not just to myself, but to everyone. I also believe that this requires immediate action. I am not asking for your instantaneous aid, but your best wishes would be appreciated. If a single nation stands in objection, I will delay and not set foot in India.

Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby ThePumaman on Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:18 pm

My friend and longtime ally Dyluck, I wish you luck. My forces are about 6 turns off from a full scale assult, but if you insist of attacking now I will give you as much support as I can. My cannon can do collateral damage, and my musketmen can weaken their numbers.

Good luck, my friend. Good luck to all of you.
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:20 am

The mighty Russian Cossacks will ride along side you in to battle, and they will die honorably for the motherland!
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Civilization 4