PitBoss game #1

Re: Saving a link to the game?

Postby Overload on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:26 am

etr wrote:This is a minor thing, but does anyone know if there's a good way to save a pointer to the game. Right now I have to enter my player name, the server name and the password from scratch each time. As I said, no biggie, but I would expect to be able to save it.

--- Eric (the other one)

P.S. I thought the Greeks were aggressive/industrious or aggressive/organized. Oh well, I guess I should be philosophical about it. (Rimshot)

I believe there is no way to do this at the current time. It's one of the asked-for features. It would be nice to be able to use a command line switch to make it auto join an IP.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby etr on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:36 am

frisxo wrote:Greeks are Philosophical & Agressive (at least that is what it says in my book)

Yes, I got that after the fact. Reread my message. That's what the rimshot was for! :)

--- Eric
etr
Weaksauce

Postby etr on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:40 am

Hmm,

So last night I logged in several times to the game just to make sure I could get back in after logging out.

Today it's telling me that my password is incorrect.

Now I know that I have a memory like a sieve, but in this case I actuallyl wrote the password down so I know it's not that. I've tried with CAPSLOCK on just in case I did that, still no luck.

Any ideas? Do I need to ask for a password reset?

To clarify, I can get to the game site fine, it's my speicific Civ password that is failing.

--- Eric
etr
Weaksauce

Postby Overload on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:10 am

I found a workaround on the forums that might work. It looks like the game is expecting you to give it the actual md5 version of your password.

Go to this page:
http://block111.servehttp.com/hash

Enter your password in the bottom field.
Copy the long string of letters and numbers from the top field, and try using that as your password when you connect to the game.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Email notification!

Postby Overload on Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:50 pm

Because the current version of PitBoss does not support email notification (it will, just not yet) someone on the boards made a small application that runs along side the server that it will email everybody when it detects that a new turn has begun. I set this up, so now we'll have email notification when a new turn starts!

I used the emails you used to register here with, but if you would like to use an email address that you check more often (I know some of you used spam-safe emails here) then feel free to email it to me.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby etr on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:41 pm

Overload wrote:I found a workaround on the forums that might work. It looks like the game is expecting you to give it the actual md5 version of your password.

Go to this page:
http://block111.servehttp.com/hash

Enter your password in the bottom field.
Copy the long string of letters and numbers from the top field, and try using that as your password when you connect to the game.

Well, that's pretty lame, but it did work. Thanks for the pointer.
etr
Weaksauce

Postby frisxo on Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:55 pm

hmmm I logged in and my password worked fine. wonder what the dif is/was?

-Stan
frisxo
Posting Spree!

Postby Skullbane on Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:04 pm

Well I connected to the sever. Then the problems started. Told me that the servers files differ from my own. But it let me click on my civ leader. gave it a password then confirm. Click on the ok button then wait for it to tranfier the files. tells me about the save files then crashes to the desktop without a error message. So Im dead in the water with the game so far. Me and Rob connected to eathother again just to see if it would would and it works fine then. Sorry to step on the cake of Civ4.
Skullbane
Weaksauce

Postby frisxo on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:51 pm

did you install the civ4 patch? v1.52?

-S
frisxo
Posting Spree!

Postby Overload on Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:46 am

Problems will likely arise if you're using a no-CD "patch".
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby etr on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:12 am

Skullbane wrote:Well I connected to the sever. Then the problems started. Told me that the servers files differ from my own. But it let me click on my civ leader. gave it a password then confirm. Click on the ok button then wait for it to tranfier the files. tells me about the save files then crashes to the desktop without a error message. So Im dead in the water with the game so far. Me and Rob connected to eathother again just to see if it would would and it works fine then. Sorry to step on the cake of Civ4.

I was going to ask about the 1.52 patch too.

FWIW, I did see you log in about three times last night, so at least you are getting that far. The game reported that "Skull" (or once "Skullbane") joined (and later left) while I was reading the civilopedia, trying to figure out how to backup the message queue and read some of the older messsages.

--- Eric
etr
Weaksauce

Postby Overload on Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:38 am

Because this is the first turn and we're trying to get over a couple technical difficulties, I have paused the game temporarily.

This will not be normal practice, but it really sucks to miss the first turn and I want to make sure we've done everything we can.

If we end up having to drop a player or two, I'll restart the game so we don't have to have AI players.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Skullbane on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:38 pm

Fresh install, patch update to 1.52 clean exe no usage of a no-cd and ... still no changes for me. still crashes to the desktop after telling me that the game servers files differ from my own files.
Skullbane
Weaksauce

Waaaaiiit

Postby IHateGreg on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:02 pm

I would like to play too, I told Greg to let me know when it started.... obviously he didn't.

That is why I hate greg.....
I.... hate.... Greg
IHateGreg
Wanker

Postby ThePumaman on Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:46 pm

All this connectivity has got me thinking, would anyone be up for a couple of sessions of a simultaneous internet game sometime next week?
ThePumaman
Godlike!

PreviousNext

Return to Civilization 4