Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 472

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/overloadut/apartment167.com/www/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Apartment 167 • View topic - PitBoss game #1

PitBoss game #1

Postby Overload on Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:47 am

Do not update yet. You can't connect to a server that's running a different version. See above for details on why the update is not going well.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Server is officially back up!

You must update your Civ 4 to 1.61
The patch with plenty of mirrors is available here.

Note that using Alt-D to set your details is perfectly safe now! However, if you set your email address, I believe you will get TWO turn notifications (one from the pitboss server and one from the 3rd party app I've been using all this time.)
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Wed May 17, 2006 1:21 am

Does anyone have any objections to me changing the turn timer to 24 hours? (currently it is 36)

The 36 hour thing was originally put in as an "everyone should do their turn every day, but you have 36 hours for the rare case when you just can't do your turn that day" option but I'm now finding that every turn someone is missing their turn, meaning we have to wait the full 36 hours every time. That wasn't my intention.

I think people have now gotten the hang of doing their turns, and if you do miss your turn it's not a huge deal.

Regardless, post any comments. I previously thought it was impossible to make this change, but I just found a tool that would let me.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby ThePumaman on Wed May 17, 2006 10:22 am

I have no objections, I just gotta remember to take my turn before I leave for work. If it wasn't for E3 I could have had nukes by now!
ThePumaman
Godlike!

Postby Dyluck on Thu May 18, 2006 1:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea to me.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby Overload on Thu May 18, 2006 1:30 pm

The change has been made! Looks like it worked. Awesome.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby frisxo on Fri May 19, 2006 5:35 pm

Great! I was wondering how to do that.

btw...how many 'active players' are still in. I see 1 that is now an AI and some scores that are really low.
frisxo
Posting Spree!

Postby Overload on Fri May 19, 2006 6:01 pm

The Indians have been and AI most of the game. The guy who places the Greeks seems to only be logging in every 10 turns or so, so I keep kicking him out to an AI when I think about it. He is currently an AI.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Thu May 25, 2006 9:10 am

How to send messages in game:

We have discovered that since the latest patch, it is now possible to send messages to other Civs in game.

First, open a diplomacy window by clicking on a leader's name in the score list (or right clicking on a leader in the Foreign Advisor's screens.)

In the diplomacy window there is a chat box. Go ahead and type anything in there and press Enter to send the message. However, they will only get the message if you click "Offer Trade" to close the window. If you press "Exit Diplomacy" then they will not get the messages. Note that you can press "Offer Trade" even if there is no actual trade to offer. Think of it as "Send Message." Of course, if you actually are offering a trade, it works there as well.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby frisxo on Sun May 28, 2006 12:55 am

Ever since you rebooted I'm having connection problems.

I only stay connected for a minute or two before "Losing my connection to Pitboss server". Did something change?
frisxo
Posting Spree!

Postby Overload on Sun May 28, 2006 11:16 am

frisxo wrote:Ever since you rebooted I'm having connection problems.

I only stay connected for a minute or two before "Losing my connection to Pitboss server". Did something change?

Are you still having problems today? Unfortunately I can't test connectivity problems since I'm behind the same router as the server. I know Dyluck and ThePumaman both connected and they didn't say anything, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there were no problems.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Sun May 28, 2006 1:38 pm

I haven't been experiencing any issues.
Dyluck
Godlike!

Postby frisxo on Sun May 28, 2006 7:36 pm

Yag, tried again today...disconnected after 10min of being online. Connection to Internet and everything else for me is fine and usual. This disconnection makes it virutally unplayable. Had to re-log in 6 times last turn to finish.

Maybe Dyluck and Puman take less time for their turns...Dyluck do you take less than 10 min for your turn?

-S
frisxo
Posting Spree!

Re: Saving a link to the game?

Postby Overload on Mon May 29, 2006 10:36 am

etr wrote:This is a minor thing, but does anyone know if there's a good way to save a pointer to the game. Right now I have to enter my player name, the server name and the password from scratch each time. As I said, no biggie, but I would expect to be able to save it.

There is now!

I would really love it if everyone would download this tool created by yours truly and tell me how it works!

It currently supports the following resolutions: 1024x768, 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1440x900
If you are running on a different resolution, please tell me what it is so I can add support for it.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dyluck on Tue May 30, 2006 2:19 am

Good point, Frisxo - I am usually not in for more than 6 minutes or so. I did get a message once about someone trying to connect to the server (which apparently connects them directly to me) and some error occurred. This, though, did not disconnect me.

Edit: Ahh yes - today I was in for a bit longer, and at about 15 minutes, I lost my connection to the Pitboss server.
Dyluck
Godlike!

PreviousNext

Return to Civilization 4