Bug. I think. Might have been said before but bleh.

CTF4 related discussion

Bug. I think. Might have been said before but bleh.

Postby Akdor on Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:57 pm

:( Bug bug buggity bug :(

The bug is, when I use my custom skins (and some of the default ones, basically only including Romulous and Remus) they show the bio but the skin shows as Jakob. So basically I hafta use the default skins that came with the CD. :x
Akdor

Postby Overload on Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:58 pm

That's not a bug, it's by design.

If a skin does not have green and gold versions, it will fall back to the Jakob model and skin. The reason is there would be no way to tell when a player using one of these skins is on the green or gold teams.

However, there is a way to use the custom skins even though they have no 4-team support. From the FAQ on the official website:

FAQ wrote:Q: Why can't I see any custom skins I have installed? They all show the default model!

A: By default, if a skin does not have green and gold versions, then the skin will fall back to the default model. This is so that you do not get players in the game whose team you cannot identify. However, as of version 1.0.1.0, you can turn on a client side option that will allow these "invalid" skins to load anyway. To get to it, go to the CTF4 options, which are located in SETTINGS, on the HUD tab, on the bottom right. Select "4 team gametypes" from the dropdown, and click Configure. Turn on the option labeled "Allow Invalid Skins."
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to CTF4