Separate Team Texture Packages?

CTF4 related discussion

Separate Team Texture Packages?

Postby Warlocke on Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:43 am

OK, I know the easiest way to get a skin working with CTF4 is to add the green and gold skins directly into the texture file for the skin in question and then overwrite the original utx file, but...

Is there a way I can save the new team-skins in a separate package and have the game recognize it as part of the original skin like you did for the CBP2 skins and the Epic skins?
Or was that built directly into the code for the mod (meaning I'm out of luck)?

I was trying to figure out how that was done for Epic's skins and those from CBP2 but I'm no expert on UT, so I'm coming up empty. Obviously the original packages weren't overwritten; the new texture files only contain the green and gold skins. I was wondering if I could do the same with other skins.

For Example: Warlocke.utx contains WarlockeBody, WarlockeBody_0, WarlockeBody_1 and WarlockeHead textures. I make a separate package named OLTeamWarlockeSkins.utx containing only the WarlockeBody_2 and WarlockeBody_3 textures. Is there a way to make the game recognize that the textures in OLTeamWarlockeSkins.utx are the relevant team-skins for Warlocke.utx?
Thanks.
Warlocke
N00b
N00b

Postby Dark Pulse on Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:16 am

I believe Overload added this functionality with the patch, assuming I can get him to ever stop working on minor things to fix and release the damn thing already...
"Hesh, wants sex!"
Dark Pulse
Wannabe

Postby Warlocke on Mon May 09, 2005 6:54 am

Thanks for the information!
I've been working on adding CTF4 support to a lot of the skins and models I've downloaded over the years. Granted, the results aren't as good as if the original authors had done them, since I'm not working from the original textures but rather a compressed version extracted from the utx file, but it's better than nothing.

So far I've added Green and Gold (and in some cases all 4) team colors to about 38 skins/models (some of which I almost completely reworked), plus the entirety of Flytag's Necris Skinpack 2. In addition to that I've been fixing problems like when authors use the wrong LOD settings and such... I clearly have too much time on my hands.

http://www.cannet.com/~warlocke/War-CTF4/Warlocke-CTF4.htm

Warlocke
N00b
N00b

Postby Dark Pulse on Thu May 12, 2005 8:20 pm

Well the new version (1011) has been released, so go nuts :)
"Hesh, wants sex!"
Dark Pulse
Wannabe

Return to CTF4