ctf4 download

CTF4 related discussion

ctf4 download

Postby some_guy on Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:26 pm

ok can someone tell me what is really what. i downloaded ctf4 a month and a half ago. then i hear that there is a new download for it. the one i had constantly crashed when i tried to play it. this one they said was fixed. so now my question is which one is the new one. can some one help
some_guy

Postby Dark Pulse on Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:27 pm

1002 is the current one. (1001 was the first version, but we uploaded 1002 about 1 1/2 hours later.) 1010 is in the works and should be out soon, which will fix all of the crash problems you have.

Until then, since we know what's causing the crashes, we can tell you how to avoid them:

1) Listen Servers and Offline games work 100%. Dedicated servers DO work, but will crash after the 2nd or 3rd map.

2) Custom models will crash the game, due to not resetting the Karma Skeleton of the model to the default model - that is, customs currently revert to Jakob, but we don't give them Jakob's Skeleton, so the game accesses bones that aren't there and crashes. This will be fixed in 1010, which will also let you use Customs without 4-skin support.
"Hesh, wants sex!"
Dark Pulse
Wannabe

Return to CTF4