UserLogs files unreadable

Discuss OLStats here

UserLogs files unreadable

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:15 am

My installation of OLStats and UTStatsDB will not do automatic log parsing. Game server and web server are the same machine, so I am just doing automatic parsing, not automatic uploading.

It reports an error in opening the log files. This is because the log files in UserLogs are all created with -rw------- (600) permissions (user/group is games/users as this is what the server runs as).
The web server runs as user apache and therefore cannot read the log files.

How can I make OLStats create the log files with ordinary permissions, like 655 (-rw-r--r--)?

Cheers.

Postby Overload on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:59 am

Unfortunately OLStats has no way of controlling that - it just uses the built in logging functions in UT2004 so it's at the mercy of whatever UT2004 feels like doing.

Sorry. :(
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Guest on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:26 am

Overload wrote:Unfortunately OLStats has no way of controlling that - it just uses the built in logging functions in UT2004 so it's at the mercy of whatever UT2004 feels like doing.

Damn. So do you know if I can make UT2004 set the correct perms then, or will I have to resort to running UT2004 or Apache as the same user?

Postby Overload on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:58 am

Anonymous wrote:
Overload wrote:Unfortunately OLStats has no way of controlling that - it just uses the built in logging functions in UT2004 so it's at the mercy of whatever UT2004 feels like doing.

Damn. So do you know if I can make UT2004 set the correct perms then, or will I have to resort to running UT2004 or Apache as the same user?

I don't know if there is a way to make UT2004 do what you want. The other option you have besides using the same user is to actually use the log uploading feature of OLStats to have it "upload" your logs. It would be a bit of a waste of processing power, but it should be pretty minor.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

solved

Postby Morpheus222 on Wed May 16, 2007 4:44 am

try an older UT2004 patch like 3355 it work's :-)
Morpheus222
N00b
N00b

Return to OLStats