OLStats and Dedicated server

Discuss OLStats here

OLStats and Dedicated server

Postby KnightMare on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:19 pm

I have OLStats,utstatsdb, and MySQL all installed and running on my personal Linux box. As can be seen here, http://knightmare.kicks-ass.net:8088/utstatsdb/index.php

I managed to get everything to work just fine, but only with a Listen Server. Using a dedicated server, it refuses to start the Mutator.

Here is some snipets of things i have done, i thought i followed all directions to the Letter, but something has gone haywire.

Code: Select all
./ucc-bin server DM-ChristmasTime.ut2?AdminName=KnightMare?game=XGame.xDeathMatc
h?GameStats=True?AllowBehindView=1?Translocator=0 ini=/home/knightmare/.ut2004/S
ystem/UT2004.ini &

[Engine.GameInfo]
GameStatsClass=OLStats.OLGameStats

[Engine.GameStats]
bLocalLog=True

I thought i did everything needed, but apparently i missed something. Any help to get this working would be greatly appreciated.
KnightMare

Postby KnightMare on Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:52 pm

Oh yeah, forgot something... Now when i start the server after making changes to the UT2004.ini
[Engine.GameInfo]
GameStatsClass=OLStats.OLGameStats

When i start the dedicated server now, i ge this Over and over, and over...
Master server connection failed
Attempting to reconnect to master server!

Dunno if it has anything to do with it, but thought it couldn't hurt to post it..
KnightMare

Postby Overload on Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:32 pm

From the looks of it, you're doing everything correctly.

Some more information on what is not working would be helpful:
Is UTStats not running at all?
Is it generating logs, just not sending them to UTStatsDB?
Does your UT2004.log file show that OLStats is "successfully loading"?

I do have a couple suggestions:
Check to make sure there are no other instances of "GameStatsClass" in your UT2004.ini file. Sometimes multiple lines can show up and the latter ones override the former ones.

Check to make sure proper permissions are set on your UserLogs/ folder (inside the ut2004 directory) - if it doesn't exist, create it, and make sure the user running the ucc-bin executable has permission to write to the UserLogs/ folder.

If both of those don't work, try adding this to your OLStats.ini file:

[OLStats.OLLocalGameStats]
bDebug=false

After doing that, try running the server, join it and play a bit, then change the map. Then send me the UT2004.log file after that and I can see if I can tell anything.

NOTE that if you enable debug mode, it will probably have your ParserPass and UploadPass in the UT2004.log file in plain text! If you don't want me to see those, feel free to edit them out with asterisks or something.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KnightMare on Tue Apr 26, 2005 5:47 pm

Is UTStats not running at all?
Is it generating logs, just not sending them to UTStatsDB?
Does your UT2004.log file show that OLStats is "successfully loading"?

As a dedicated server, no, OLStats does not start, or even attempt to start.
But, as a listen server, i can run it just fine.
Check to make sure there are no other instances of "GameStatsClass" in your UT2004.ini file. Sometimes multiple lines can show up and the latter ones override the former ones.

Checked it, only 1 instance running.
Check to make sure proper permissions are set on your UserLogs/ folder (inside the ut2004 directory) - if it doesn't exist, create it, and make sure the user running the ucc-bin executable has permission to write to the UserLogs/ folder.

Yup yup, all correct. Like i said, running it as a listen server runs fine. It drops the log files correctly, as can be seen by the link to my stats page.
ERROR: This is a dedicated server. Dedicated servers should not use the OLStatsmutator. See readme.

There is the only reference to OLStats, it does not show up at all in any log or on the screen when starting the server. It only shows here because i have it as a mutator enabled in Map voting,and i switched maps...

Any more ideas?[/quote]
KnightMare

Postby KnightMare on Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:56 pm

Oh, and here is a list of Muts that i have turned on...
Name Description
Air Control Change how players move in the air.
Akimbo Arena 2004 Use Dual Weapons
Bonus Combos Adds the Pint-sized combo (LLLL) and the Camouflage Combo (RRRR).
LowGrav Low gravity.
OLStats Turns on stat logging for listen servers and Instant Action games.
Pro-Sniper Rifle -Professional Sniper Rifle-||Up to 20x electronic scope.|Hypersonic bullets.|Silencer.|Infinite power in your hands.|Ready to shredd up you enemies?
QuadJump When double jump just isn't enough.
Super Berserk Weapons are insanely fast and powerful.
UTComp Version 1.6 A mutator for warmup, brightskins, hitsounds, and various other features.

Says it's running, but it is not... I really dont know what the problem is, i have spent about 12 hours just going through logs and trying different things to get OLStats to run with a dedicated server.

Works when i start UT2004 and start a listen server from within the game, but refuses to as a dedicated.... dunno
KnightMare

Postby Overload on Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:05 am

Ohhkay, I think the problem is the fact that you have OLStats listed as an active mutator in your mapvote config. You can't have that in there, or OLStats will not start.

Try removing all references to the OLStats mutator - the only thing that should make it start is the ?GameStats=true and the GameStatsClass things.

Hope that helps...
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby KnightMare on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:10 pm

Removed it from the map voting config, still dont start when i start the server.
KnightMare

Postby KnightMare on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:16 pm

But it seems that after adding --nohomedir to the script, it now attempts to run.
LStats Loading...
Opening user log ../UserLogs/Stats_7777_2005_04_27_18_04_19.log
OLStats 3.00 loaded!
  Author: OverloadUT
  Email: Overload@planetunreal.com
  Web: www.apartment167.com
----------------------------------------
Resolving knightmare.kicks-ass.net...
UdpServerQuery(crt): Port 7787 successfully bound.
Resolving master0.gamespy.com...
Defaulting to false
Defaulting to false
Resolving ut2004master1.epicgames.com...
Loading Available Maps
Loading Game Types
Mutator exported successfully: OMFG.MutOMFGArena
Weapon exported successfully: OMFG.OMFG
XWebAdmin.UTServerAdmin Initialized on port 8081
MasterServerUplink: Resolved ut2004master1.epicgames.com as 207.135.145.6.
Resolved knightmare.kicks-ass.net (127.0.0.1)
OLStats Remote Parser Operation Complete
  ERROR: Server responded: 0

Do you have it hardcoded to look in /usr/local/games/ut2004/OLStats ? I had it installed in /home/knightmare/.ut2004/OLStats just like all the rest of my mutators....

Least we're getting somewhere now, lets see if it works :)
KnightMare

Return to OLStats