OLStats Newbie Has Questions

Discuss OLStats here

OLStats Newbie Has Questions

Postby clawcity on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:48 am

Greetings. I recently downloaded your useful little utility for the UT 2004 comp we run at our LANs. There's just a few things I was wondering. Viewing the web results, I assume frags is kills minus suicides...but what is score comprised of? We ran a DM game in which case I assumed score would be the same as frags, but not so.

I was also wondering about the sort order. It seems to sort by frags, but what is the secondary sort item if multiple players have equal frags?
[OMA] ÇLÅw©ïT¥ - IF IT AIN'T YOU..........FRAG IT!!!!
clawcity
N00b
N00b

Postby Dark Pulse on Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:49 am

Kills I believe.
"Hesh, wants sex!"
Dark Pulse
Wannabe

Postby Overload on Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:20 pm

In death match I would expect the scores to be pretty much equal to the frags. If that's not the case then I'm not sure what is causing that.

As for the sorting I don't believe that I sort it by anything after score. It probably just sorts by the order that the players joined.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby clawcity on Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:05 pm

Well thanks anyway guys
clawcity
N00b
N00b

Postby [HIC]Andrew on Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:51 pm

the total score can be different from total frags.

In CTF your score goes up for Flag captures, assists, killing sprees.

So what i think is happening is even though your game is set up to end when a player hits a certain amount of frags, the score comes out different due to bonuses like killing sprees, multikills ext...

The way to change it would be to go into your server ini file and look for the amount of points givin for certain accomplishments. I don't know what they would be named. But i bet that if someone goes on a killing spree they are awarded 5 points toward their score.

In DM the game ends when a player reaches a however many frags you set. So unless you invest some time into finding where the special awards are then I wouldn't worry about it.

I bet if you look at the individual stas for the players that have a different score then their frags that they have a killing spree or a multi kill of some level and that is where the score comes in.
[HIC]Andrew
Weaksauce

Postby [HIC]Andrew on Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:11 pm

Sorry if some of that doesn't make sense to ya.

But in DM the game ends when you reach the amount of frags.
I know In other gametypes the special awards are givin for Building nodes, capturing flags, Ext.. They do reflect on the score (onscreen) in other gametypes (CTF,ONS)

The only way to get the score to be the same as frags would be to edit your server ini so that no special awards are givin. I Doubt that you care so much about it that you would go to that much trouble but if you do I would search for the keyword "award"

Besides when i look at the stats for my game i wouldn't mind if my score was higher then my frags due to a killing spree.
[HIC]Andrew
Weaksauce

Postby clawcity on Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:10 am

I'm back again :D We've had great success with OLStats at our LANs. For our upcoming event we're running original UT as our novelty comp. I don't suppose you made a stats utility for that at any point?
clawcity
N00b
N00b

Return to OLStats