Slave Master 2.0 released

Slave master bugs, comments, or suggestions go here.

Slave Master 2.0 released

Postby Overload on Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:24 am

Slave Master 2.0 has been released. Hurrah!

Download it here:
http://www.apartment167.com/downloads/ut2004/mods/SlaveMaster20.zip
Last edited by Overload on Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blabla on Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:37 am

WE WANT REWARD SYSTEM BACK :twisted:
blabla

Postby blabla on Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:37 am

further it rocks 100% 8)
blabla

Postby Nemephosis on Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:42 am

I got this:

UT2004 Build UT2004_Patch_[2004-05-10_17.18]

CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2002 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (5672)

General protection fault!

History: UObject::ProcessEvent <- (BootsOfJumping DM-Decks[FuT].BootsOfJumping, Function DM-Decks[FuT].BootsOfJumping.BotActivated.Tick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Decks <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 676F4C57 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Looks like a slave tried to give me the jumpboots on DM-Decks[FuT] and the game spazzed out over it.
Nemephosis

Postby Overload on Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:39 am

blabla wrote:WE WANT REWARD SYSTEM BACK :twisted:

Hey, could you remind me what the reward system is?
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Overload on Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:40 am

Nemephosis wrote:Looks like a slave tried to give me the jumpboots on DM-Decks[FuT] and the game spazzed out over it.

Hmm, I've never seen a map with jumpboots - they would have to be custom coded. Could you send me a link to download the map you are talking about?
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Nemephosis on Sun Jun 06, 2004 3:34 pm

http://www.planetunreal.com/funreal/DM- ... FuT%5D.asp

should work

The reward system was the more favour you had when your master died, or when you bought your way out, the more weapons and powerups you would start with. I think you had everything your master did when you get freed.
Nemephosis

yay!

Postby Kangus on Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:05 am

I love SlaveMaster!

Having the Rewards system back might be nice, as mentioned.

But what would be even nicer would be if you'd institute Round based gameplay, ie every time a player sucessfully enslaves everyone, a new round starts ratyher than teh match ending and having to load a new map... because that would be supreme!
Kangus

Postby blabla again on Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:40 am

The reward system was the more favour you had when your master died, or when you bought your way out, the more weapons and powerups you would start with. I think you had everything your master did when you get freed.

what he said, sorry for not mentioning it though you knew :D.

when you have lets say collected 50 points and you freed yourself for example you get 2 weapons some ammo and 115 health and some armor for example with the points calculated back to you.

cause if you get stuff you master only gets stronger and if he got max stuff and you respawn you got nothing and he got all.
it also helps the overal game balance you see.

hoping for a patch soon, it would be cool to have it back just as a taggable (is it even a word?) option in the menu.
blabla again

Postby Overload on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:09 am

Re: The rewards system.

Yes, I remember that now. It will for sure be in the next version, as I do think it really helps the balance.

Re: The round system.

I toyed with the idea of a round based system, but I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted.

What would happen when someone enslaved everyone else? Would he score, say, 10 bonus frags? 1 frag for each slave he owns? Or would frags be completely gone and the only way to score points is to enslave everyone else? (like CTF, where frags don't matter) That last one doesn't work because then you couldn't specify a fraglimit.

I'll play around with it some more, but no promisses.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Need a round based approach or ....

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:46 am

Hello Mod developer,

You said the following:

"Re: The round system.

I toyed with the idea of a round based system, but I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted.

What would happen when someone enslaved everyone else? Would he score, say, 10 bonus frags? 1 frag for each slave he owns? Or would frags be completely gone and the only way to score points is to enslave everyone else? (like CTF, where frags don't matter) That last one doesn't work because then you couldn't specify a fraglimit.

I'll play around with it some more, but no promisses."

And I would like to say IMHO that something other than the current way the mod works is needed. I just played it and I like it but it ends within a few minutes if a player is any good at all. I mean you have to put like 15 bots on a map to make it last for awhile (unless you play in Inhuman or Godlike mode). Jailbreak seems similar to this game in the respect that once you "clear" a map you've won but then JB continues so you don't have a big break in the action and have to load another map ... your mod stops and you have to restart a game and this just interrupts the flow of the game. Now this is a cool game and if you don't want to go with the round based approach what about this:

Each map represents a "level"; Let's say you can have a 15 level Enslavement "camp", as it where ... each level would be represented by a map so that you can specify how many levels (maps) you want a game/campaign of Slave Master to have. Then once you enslave everyone on one level you automatically load the next map and the action continues. No having to start over and break the action.

Perhaps you can make an option for the maps (levels) to load in either a random fashion, repeat, or sequentially ... much like a CD playlist. Also maybe you can have an option to put several random new bots in who are free and start out with lots of health and weapons/ammo on each next level as you progress so your slaves and you have bigger challenges as the game goes along ... this might be too much in the short run but could add a nice "Chaotic and Unreal" environment as the mod matures. Just think how cool it would be to have enslaved four Skaarj on Antalus and then have to face two juggernauts and two Gen Mokai who have boosted weapons and health on the next map and so on.

So that no map get's overly crowed you could make a "soft-coded" requirement for the game like the maps chosen for any session should be 6-10 or greater but no less than 4-6. Then as the player moves up in the levels and the random free players are being added to the maps you can have an option of how many current slaves you want to "take wih you" as you begin the next enslavement campaign. So that if the next level adds two free enemies you can take 2 out 4 of your slaves with you onto the next map ... for example ... thus keeping a map from getting overloaded and lagging all over the place. I'm sure you get the idea.

Anyway I do like your mod and hope that you can find an answer to the interruption problem so that I can play a long 45 minute match and end up with like 50 slaves when it's all said and done. Peace and feel free to let me know how you like my suggestions. Keep up the good work and keep the orginal ideas flowing. Peace.

- UT200x Addict 8)

Postby Guest on Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:28 pm

A freed slave didn't have everything his master had, but could start with some awesome gear.

Postby blabla on Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:21 am

E.T.A next version?
blabla

Postby Overload on Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:30 pm

No ETA right now.

Real life work is keeping me very busy.
Sig Under Consutrction
Overload
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby blabla on Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:11 am

WHAT :twisted:, your a mod maker go to your room and stay there until its done :twisted:.

:wink:
blabla

Next

Return to Slave Master